Got a question about online marketing or second stage companies? Send it in, and you may see your answer posted here!
Q: What are your top 5 books on social media? One on analytics and measurement would be great! Also, are there any marketing newsletters/blogs you regularly read? I’d like to find new sources of education/inspiration.
A: Some of my favorite books on online marketing include:
- The Science of Marketing (data on what social media techniques are most effective, & when)
- The B2B Social Media Book (yes, social media works for B2B)
- Trust Agents (for any online marketing to work, trust is the foundation)
- Web Analytics 2.0 (for a primer in analytics)
- Persuading Scientists (if you’re marketing to engineers / other technical professionals)
These and more can be found in the Beyond Startup Bookstore.
Some great online marketing blog resources include:
- Search Engine Land
- Marketing Land
Based on your interest in analytics and measurement you may also want to check out the following blogs:
- On Analytics: Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik
- The Google Analytics Blog