An operating system for my business, you ask? But I thought only my computer needed an operating system?!
Aha! Well, now you’ve learned one of the secrets of successful second stage companies – many run on a particular operating system. And just as you’ll find advocates of many operating systems for your PC, you’ll find enthusiasm for many different operating systems for business.
The key with choosing an operating system for your business is to avoid getting lost in the process of choosing one – the important part is USING one. Luckily, there’s a great primer on 4 of the most popular systems being taught by GLEQ, and we’ve arranged for Beyond Startup members to attend at no charge.
The workshop is being taught twice in October:
- 10/16/2012 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm at SPARK East in Ypsilanti, Michigan
- 10/23/2012 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan
The session will introduce four business planning models:
- Jim Horan’s “One Page Business Plan”
- Kaufman Foundation’s “NewVenture Program”
- “The Business Model Canvas”
- Gino Wickman’s “Entrepreneurial Operating System” (EOS)
Participants will hear 20 minute orientations to the models and will have an opportunity to ask presenters questions about the models, tools and processes. For registration information, email catherine @ beyond-startup.com.
Note that there is one other popular system not being covered at this event: Rockefeller Habits.